Let’s Talk Protection
Ephesians 6:10 “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”
Our protection, as Christians, is in the Lord.
First, in keeping us out of harms way.
We are to pray that He will guide us away from temptations; and if we do not listen to Him and walk into them, to deliver us from them, before it is too bad, and we are burdened.
Matthew 6:13 “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen”
He has the power to keep, and He has the power to deliver. Let us pray that He will be our guide that we might be kept by Him.
Second, we are to put on our armor.
Ephesians 6:11 “Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”
Wiles are tricks, and traps that the devil puts in front of us; hoping we will fall into them.
The Armor consists of pieces of Spiritual Help which we are to use. (Ephesians 6:14-18)
1. “Our loins girt about with truth”. This was a very wide belt which surrounded the soldier. It helped strength the back; and the breastplate was attached to it. Truth is absolutely necessary: we must have it, and believe it. The truth about Christ Jesus, and His Word to us. We must have it by faith, believing it; in our lives.
2. “The breastplate of righteousness”. This is Christ’s righteousness applied to us, before God; and our righteous acts (obedience to Him) that we do. Our hearts are covered from attack, when we are sure we are born again and we are holding on to His Word, by obeying it.
3. “Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace”. We stand strong with Him, when we are standing in His peace. We are unmoved from our stand, by people, or circumstance.
4. “The shield of faith”. It was to be held where the need was: over the head, when our understanding is attacked by fiery darts. In front to help with our emotions. Everywhere, to fight off unbelief, and fear. 1 John 1:4 “…this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”
5. “The helmet of salvation”. This protects our thoughts from the influence of the world’s attitudes. The world is all out for itself. Forget kindness, or good works; look for what you can get out of it—nothing else. These thoughts often trouble us, for we are often in need. But the helmet of salvation protects us; making us realize the many blessings of God for us, that we may be thankful to Him.
6. “The sword of the Spirit”. The sword is the Word of God. It is a Bible verse or short saying from the Word. The Holy Spirit uses it against our adversaries, when we say it.
7. “All prayer and supplication”. This is just what it says: praying. (Supplication simply means seeking earnestly by prayer). This comforts us, for to talk with our Lord Jesus everyday, is joy.
Our protection is in the Lord. We are to recognize that His saving us includes His saving us from our sins, and many physical deliverances, as well.
God our Father is our protection for He loves us with an everlasting love.
Christ Jesus is our protection for He died for us to bring us into fellowship with Him, now, and forever in Heaven.
The Holy Spirit is our protection, for it is by His guidance, and grace (the unmerited favor of power) within us, that we are kept safe in our walk,from here to Heaven.